How did spiders get to have 5 or so different kinds of web silk?
Here are the different types of spider webs, but not every spider would have all of these different silks:
- Drag-line silk to form a strong skeleton for their web
- Scaffolding silk to support the web whilst constructing it
- Capturing silk to make the ‘net’ for ensnaring prey
- Shielding silk to protect egg sacks
- Rope silk to tie the prey up
- Male sperm web for fertilisation
- Gluing silk to stick things
- Web point bonding silk
Wow, that is amazing! How did that come about for each specific purpose?
I would suggest that the ability to do all these things has been given by God the great Designer.